Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Oct 4 12 10:10 PM

kamp91 the return wrote:
do you need a feedback?

''For years I used strands every day full body 1 set of 20 reps each exercise. I increased the resistance if I could do more than 20 reps, and decreased it if I could not get 15 reps. I got through 3 sets of Spenby steel strands over the years with this routine. In time I also lifted weights and switched to rubber tubing.''http://strandpulling.yuku...-with-strands#reply-1959

syd devis' program is composed of various routines using 1 and up to 4 sets for every exercise along with the use of weights,more or less what ayeedee does in these days (if i remember well he uses strands 4 times a week and weights 3 times a week,so nothing in common with hit or arturo jones)

Thanks, but again, I was asking Ayeedee for his feedback as you (again) misunderstood what I was asking.

The World's Leading Expert on Everything Under the Freaking Sun and an Ordained Reverend, too!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#62 [url]

Oct 5 12 3:22 AM

do you want more?no problems:

''One set is enough, and tarining 6 days a week moving quickly through the routine stopping only to add of remove cables.'' http://strandpulling.yuku...90/My-routine#reply-1590

''Has it been working for you? I too would often train 6 out of 7 days depending how I felt. You have to make adjustments and allow for your age, recovery ability and how demanding your job is. I push myself hard, but do far less than I did as a younger man.'' http://strandpulling.yuku...-with-strands#reply-1957

''I have in the past trained every day for months using 1 x 20 with weights.'' http://strandpulling.yuku...g-with-cables#reply-2715

''I have followed this routine for years 6 days a week. when I can do more than 20, I add a light cable.'' http://strandpulling.yuku...single-set-cable-routine

i hope this is enough.

Quote    Reply   

#63 [url]

Oct 5 12 3:31 AM

kamp91 the return wrote:
do you want more?no problems:

i hope this is enough.
First, so I can help you with your English, it would be written "Do you want more?  No problem."  We capitalize letters at the beginning of sentences, a space between a punctuation mark and the next sentence, etc.

Second, wrong as usual.  I did not ask you for more, did I?  The question was asked of Aveedee.  Perhaps you weren't able to comprehend that? Wink

The World's Leading Expert on Everything Under the Freaking Sun and an Ordained Reverend, too!

Quote    Reply   

#64 [url]

Oct 5 12 2:57 PM

no problem teacher!here some other tips by the great brad reid about the benefits of daily training

'' Today, too many folks either believe that muscle can only be built by training to failure or to maximum exertions.  Yet, the anecdotal evidence suggests something different.''

Daily workouts = more frequent training but slightly below the tear down level.  Muscles can be built without breaking them down repeatedly, it just takes more work right under a threshold.

Last Edited By: kamp91 the return Oct 5 12 3:07 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#65 [url]

Oct 6 12 5:39 PM

@thepark1 - I don't think Ayeedee is able to respond. It may be that he has passed away, or is very ill.

Kamp is not an native English speaker, we can all understand him. He is aware of Ayeedee's situation, and just trying to help.

Quote    Reply   

#67 [url]

Oct 10 12 6:36 AM

Fatman 2 wrote:
MrBrady wrote:
@thepark1 - I don't think Ayeedee is able to respond. It may be that he has passed away, or is very ill.
Wow, the power of positive thinking! Grin

Sadly it my be true. Ayeedee has been awol over at the Power and Bulk board for a good long time as well.

-grimjerk

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Oct 10 12 8:01 PM

He did say he was suffering from a rare blood disease, and has been awol for awhile.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#73 [url]

Oct 15 12 8:37 AM

Dave Reslo wrote:
Yes, but since then he un-friended sumo on facebook, so he must still be alive.

I don't know, the desire to un-friend sumo could very well reach from beyond the grave.

-grimjerk

Quote    Reply   

#76 [url]

Oct 26 12 3:32 AM

Zevon wrote:
Hi Guys,

How do you progress on a one set system? Do you start out at ten reps and continue till you can do 20 then up the resistance and  start again or just stay at 20 reps at the same resistance. I am looking for a truncated workout as I am spending more time on my bike.

Cheers.
If you can do 20 reps increase the resistance, if less than 15 decrease it.

Quote    Reply   

#79 [url]

Nov 3 13 3:47 AM

ayeedee wrote:
Zevon wrote:
Hi Guys,

How do you progress on a one set system? Do you start out at ten reps and continue till you can do 20 then up the resistance and  start again or just stay at 20 reps at the same resistance. I am looking for a truncated workout as I am spending more time on my bike.

Cheers.
If you can do 20 reps increase the resistance, if less than 15 decrease it.

So, do you wait until you can do 20 reps in all the exercises using the same resistance level and only then increase the resistance? I am just asking as you wrote that you are "grouping" exercises with comparable resistance levels together to save time.

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

Nov 4 13 10:29 PM

And one more question:

Do you guys on the 20-Rep-daily-routine

a) rest between exercises or

b) do one big "circuit" without stops other than for changing cables?

The latter seems to limit the poundages I am able to pull drastically...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help