Jan 29 10 11:19 PM

Re: ELASTIKON PICS.

LAST PIC--- HONEST!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#66 [url]

Feb 1 10 8:08 PM

Re: ELASTIKON PICS.

ich benutze elastikon expander seid vielen jahren und habe gute erfolge damit. einige fotos sind in meiner galerie.
es gab auch einmal expander mit 5 x 50 kg, aber die werden nicht mehr hergestellt.

I use Elastikon expander're many years and had good successes with it. Some photos are in my gallery.
There was also once expander with 5 x 50 kg, but they are no longer manufactured.

Quote    Reply   

#67 [url]

Mar 20 11 6:03 PM

Re: Elastikon

BIG A wrote:
THE 200KG ELASTIKON SET CAN BE BOUGHT ON THE GERMAN AMAZON SITE.
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND GERMAN, SO??????????????????????????????????????????
I WOULD LOVE TO GET A 200KG SET ONE DAY!!!!
JUST GO TO THE GERMAN AMAZON SITE, AND TYPE IN THE SEARCH BOX ---ELASTIKON EXPANDER,
 AND YOU'LL COME ACROSS THE DIFFERENT STRENGTHS OF ELASTIKON EXPANDERS.
THINK I MIGHT BUY ONE OF THOSE GERMAN DICTIONARY'S OR TRANSLATORS???
SO THAT I CAN BUY ONE ONE DAY!!
Just copy and paste the url into "Translate a web page" at http://www.google.com./language_tools This allows you to still use most sites without any problems.

I often use Spanish sites but  my Spanish is not good so I just downloaded the Google translate toolbar. It detects the language used on the page and offers you the option of having the page translated into another language http://translate.google.com/translate_tools

Last Edited By: BigBruvOfEngIandUK Mar 20 11 6:05 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Jun 6 11 4:00 AM

cant believe ive missed these bands amazon uk sell the 150kg ones but are out of stock i was gonna buy the 125kg ones at about 25 quid with free delivery but i really want the 200kg ones but there out of stock on the german website ........are these pullweights correct ive done a bit of googling and they seem like a decent product ...anyone else on the site used them recently

Quote    Reply   

#69 [url]

Jun 6 11 7:36 AM

200kg ??!!

Presumably that's at full stretch so there's approx. 440 pounds of  resistance pulling in on each arm at full extension of say a FCP or a chest press, depending on arm length.

Over 31 stone pressure on each arm ?  

I find that just a little bit hard to believe............sounds a bit like another brand of chest expander I know.........

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Jun 15 11 6:32 PM

Just came back from a trip to Berlin. While in a sports shop i saw some of the Elastikon's for sale and couldn't resist picking up a set. I went with the yellow 10 lb / cable set with the thought i could pick up the 25 lb / cable set later and have a good range of incremental adjustment.

I have to say they feel totally different than the Lifeline cables. 

First i think the yellows are accurate, one yellow compares to a Lifeline pink this just going by feel. At Lifeline's 30lb / cable rating and 'our' finding they are off by a factor of three, means they are about right.

However the way they pull is very different, the Lifelines seem to accelerate as you get the pull going, they feel for lack of a better word, stretchy.

The Elastikons feel very heavy, the pull doesn't accelerate in the same way, its like the cloth cover slows them down. They feel for lack of a better word more solid. This also makes the short pull distance actually less noticeable, and in fact it feels like a surprisingly complete pull. 

They pull definitely bottoms out very quickly, i hooked up to a door handle to see how far they would stretch, and they stop like they are in concrete at about double length.

I don't want to say one is better than the other, they are just different, and in this case that's a good thing.

Last Edited By: MrBrady Jun 15 11 6:39 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#71 [url]

Jun 25 11 3:39 PM

Hey dudes, I'm back hahaha... Actually I haven't been pulling much lately nor I can keep up with my kettlebell trainings. The reason? I've tried longboarding and have had a nasty fall when my tibia got broke and tore my inner ankle lingament. So here I am lying or in best case sitting at home, my left legin plaster up to the kneess. So I got time and thought to look around the good 'ol strandpulling forum Actually since my case is a set back in trainings I decided to use my trands in sitting position. I did a 50 rep rest-pause style training yesterday on ODP @ 70 kg, that was pretty exhausting but a good, energizing feel on the other hand.

Elastikon is cool and pretty solid equipment. I still have them, and can't report any siginificant wear & tear on them, guess the German precision reflecting Only probelm is the resting length of the cables as others mentined too, it is best suited for guys with long arms. I'm 6' 2" my arm-span is about 6' therefore it is not causing any problem to me. As to the 200kg set, I think it was Andi who has it and bought it from other German source. Elastikon makes max. 150 kg sets. Hope this helped. Umm and guys it's good to be back.

Quote    Reply   

#72 [url]

Jul 1 11 8:08 PM

Hello,

Elastikon the expander are very good. I train with
150 - 200 kg. The quality is very good, the cables are a little long, but I have long arms.
I have previously trained with Kränzle expander 250 kg, this
Expander, there is unfortunately no more. I am training my 14 years of age are with expanders.
The first expander was given to me by my grandfather. He was with steel springs.
Elastikon gibts at Amazon and other retailers.

Many greetings from Germany

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

Aug 2 11 6:59 AM

Elastikon potential

Just thinking about my 150kg elastikon set! Wonder what my body will look like when i'm able to say??? do a set of 10 reps with 5 red strands [ 150kg ] on the front chest pull for example. 

Last Edited By: BigBruvOfEngIandUK Aug 2 11 3:34 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#74 [url]

Aug 3 11 6:09 AM

Re: Elastikon potential

BIG A wrote:
Just thinking about my 150kg elastikon set! Wonder what my body will look like when i'm able to say??? do a set of 10 reps with 5 red strands [ 150kg ] on the front chest pull for example. 

you would have huge rear deltoids!

Quote    Reply   

#77 [url]

Oct 4 11 3:11 PM

Hey gents, Thought I would update on my status. Actually I'm back to work, this is the 3rd week since. Though I'm not fully recovered at least I can walk and play around with my Elastikon set a bit. So Yesterday I wanted to try ayeedee's 20 rep quick routine, but couldn't resist and tested myself on the main pulls for max strength. Man was I shocked by the numbers! Considering that I was not doing anything since my accident but pull-ups and one week of consistent strandpulling training, it's a true testament of the efficiency of the pull-ups combined with strands. Here it goes:

ODP (ko) @ 243 lbs (110 kg) 4 reps
FCP @ 154 lbs (70 kg) 4 reps
BP @ 287 lbs (130 kg) 4 reps
MP @ 243 lbs (110 kg) 4 reps
Verts @ 110 lbs (50 kg) 3 reps
Neck Press Out 110 lbs (50 kg) for 20 reps (that was the only exception I did not want to go high resistance on)

Quote    Reply   

#78 [url]

Oct 4 11 9:02 PM

Aren't the Elastikon cables at 37'' overall length much easier to pull than say Lifeline's at 26''? Surely a lot of the value of the exercise must be lost as the tension kicks in much later them being so long? I have a long arm span at 77'' so that means the short Lifeline cables offer a great deal of resistance.

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

Oct 6 11 9:51 PM

No need to halve the numbers if you always use the same apparatus. I see the numbers as serving a reference purpose rather than an absolute measure.

It's like the poundage quoted for Lifeline cables. If today you're pulling "200 lbs." and tomorrow you pull "210 lbs.", you have gotten stronger.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help