Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Apr 12 09 7:11 AM

200kg elastikon expander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the ELASTIKONS went up to 150kg [ 5x30kg ].
Just went on the [GERMAN ] AMAZON SITE, and discovered there is a 200kg set [ WOW!!!!]
40-200KG.

Last Edited By: BigBruvOfEngIandUK Jun 5 11 4:23 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Apr 12 09 5:18 PM

Re: 200kg elastikon expander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Big A, Elastikon produces sets with resistance up to 200kg, only thing is that Tiedje is not selling 'em. But if you really want one you can order one from this website: http://www.sport-tec.de

You just put "expander" word into the search tool and it's gonna show you this set amongst others.

Also I was just thinking if described resistance levels are measured on the max stretched cables or the resistance when start out on a pull and it's increasing gradually? To me it feels that it must be the maxed stretch. You know sometimes it is easy to back press 100kg other times I tire to soon and barely can press 80 kg. I don't know kinda weird... although this depends on the reps and sets scheme too.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Apr 13 09 7:42 PM

An easy way to find out the weight you are actually pressing or pulling is this. At full stretch, say in the front press or back press get someone to measure the distance between the handles. Do this with one cord attached as once you know the resistance of one cord you can just multiply it up as long as all the cords are the same type. Once you know the distance between the handles you can hang some weights off of one end and keep adding weight until the length of the stretch is the same as you measured earlier. Once the length is the same then the weight to get the same stretch is the amount of resistance that the elastic is providing.

I have 4 sets of expanders and mine are all the metal spring variety. Some of my springs are rated at 18 lbs and some at 27 lbs. The springs have a length of string inside them which is roughly the same length of a front or back press. Once the spring is at full stretch and the string inside has gone tight then the spring is providing the 18 lbs or 27 lbs depending on the spring I'm using. 5 x 27 lbs is really hard to press out so I wonder how much the elastic bungee types are actually providing during exercise compared to their rating.

My first post so hi everyone. image Been lurking for a while but shall start contributing to the board from here on. I'm 39 years old and from the UK. I've been strand pulling for quite a while and these days it's my main form of training. I do mostly rest/pause style and also where possible I hang weights off the handles so that part of the rep is resistance provided by the springs and towards the end of the rep the weight is also being lifted. For instance I do a biceps curl with 87 lbs of resistance coming from the springs and hanging from the handle is a 54 lb weight. Two thirds of the curl is done with springs only and for the last part of the rep the weight comes off the floor so that I'm basically strict curling 54 lbs but it's unique type of resistance that neither provides on their own. I do a similar thing with shoulder presses plus some other exercises and it's really helped me build up some decent strength.

Cheers,
Paul.

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Apr 14 09 4:01 PM

Yeah that makes some sense Paul. Although I think is a bit hard to perform such measuring with rubber strands

Anyways, WELCOME TO THE FORUM (it's not my role to welcome new comers but somehow that's what been happening recently )

Which part of the UK you live? Did you ever attend to one of ISSA contests?

Gery

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Apr 14 09 5:27 PM

Shouldn't be hard to do at all and no different to doing the same with steel strands. Initially you don't even need to measure the rubber strands as the measurement is basically the maximum span of your hands when held out to either side. What I did was attach the expander handle to the pull down attachment on my multi gym and then I hung dumb bell weights off of the the other handle. You only need to do it with one strand and all other strands of the same colour should be the same rating. If you were going to do any sort of competition within your own organization as posted in another thread then you would need to do something like this to see what you were actually pressing or pulling.

Thanks for the welcome. I live by the sea in a town called Poole which is on the south coast of the UK. Never attended one of the ISSA contests. In my teenage years and throughout my 20's I was mainly into lifting weights. Over the last 10 years or so I moved more into gymnastics and bodyweight training. I've done a lot of stuff on the rings in the last 5 years. The rings are extremely taxing and require so much strength and at 39 I felt the need to back off a bit, although I can still mimic some of the moves with the strands. My old multi gym is great for anchoring the handle of the expanders to which allows me to do a wide variety of pulls/presses. I also attach the expander handle to the pull down attachment so that I can initially pull the strands and at near full stretch the stack of weights on the gym are also be moved. As strength goes up I alter the weight on the stack or add an extra spring. It allows for some unique exercises with a much bigger range of motion.

Paul.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Apr 15 09 5:11 AM

JUST HAD AN ELASTIKON WORKOUT

JUST TRIED THEM OUT PROPERLY.
They are fantastic for one arm presses, behind neck pressout, and front pulls.
Although for front presses and pulldowns i prefer the ironmind set.
JUST MESSING AROUND AT THE MOMENT,
TRYING TO GET THE FEEL OF THEM.image

Last Edited By: BigBruvOfEngIandUK Jun 5 11 4:22 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Jan 26 10 4:32 AM

Elastikon

I'm new to this forum and strandpulling. I recently bought the lifeline power pushup and chest expanders but I heard Elastikon makes an expander with 200 kg of resistance. Does anyone know where someone from Canada can order this item or a similar one with steel springs? Any help would be appreciated.

Last Edited By: BigBruvOfEngIandUK Jun 5 11 3:12 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#51 [url]

Jan 27 10 4:12 AM

Re: Elastikon

Thanks for sending me the link. I've heard that they have one that is 200 kg of resistance where the one in the link is 150 kg. I wonder if anyone knows where I can get the heavier one.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Jan 27 10 7:30 PM

That Elastikon looks fairly serious,  Fatman.

The handles and clip arrangements look like the same as I've got here for my Archer's Pull rig-up.

Wonder what the cables' pull weights are at full stretch....................................? ( here we go again :-) 

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jan 28 10 4:40 AM

Isn't it great to still feel the enthusiasm of Gery with his new Elastikon and everyone hopping in with their two cents worth.

Those cables are long aren't they.  Like I thought,  Big A is mentioning some ( most ? ) exercises already 1/3 into the arc of movement before any tension goes on. 

I wonder if there is any kit for fixing stoppers on the cables to bring them down to "normal" size,  or whether Elastikon would do it.

Of course,  we would have to re-measure the cables' various resistances to obtain a better idea of the strengths....................................

Now look here,  Fatman...........  :-)

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jan 28 10 4:44 AM

ELASTIKONS ARE BRILLIANT, THEY GOT A LOVELY FEEL TO THEM!!
THEY ARE MORE SUITED TO THE TALLER OR LONG ARMED PERSON [ LIKE MYSELF-- 6FT 5 INCHES ].
I'M AFRAID TO USE MY IRONMIND SET FOR BACK PRESS OR ANY PRESS!! INCASE THEY OVER STRETCH AND SNAP!!!

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Jan 28 10 5:30 AM

macky wrote:
Isn't it great to still feel the enthusiasm of Gery with his new Elastikon and everyone hopping in with their two cents worth.

Those cables are long aren't they.  Like I thought,  Big A is mentioning some ( most ? ) exercises already 1/3 into the arc of movement before any tension goes on. 

I wonder if there is any kit for fixing stoppers on the cables to bring them down to "normal" size,  or whether Elastikon would do it.

Of course,  we would have to re-measure the cables' various resistances to obtain a better idea of the strengths....................................

Now look here,  Fatman...........  :-)
You could cut the cable in half and then reinsert the stopper.

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Jan 28 10 8:03 AM

THE 200KG ELASTIKON SET CAN BE BOUGHT ON THE GERMAN AMAZON SITE.
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND GERMAN, SO??????????????????????????????????????????
I WOULD LOVE TO GET A 200KG SET ONE DAY!!!!
JUST GO TO THE GERMAN AMAZON SITE, AND TYPE IN THE SEARCH BOX ---ELASTIKON EXPANDER,
 AND YOU'LL COME ACROSS THE DIFFERENT STRENGTHS OF ELASTIKON EXPANDERS.
THINK I MIGHT BUY ONE OF THOSE GERMAN DICTIONARY'S OR TRANSLATORS???
SO THAT I CAN BUY ONE ONE DAY!!

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Jan 28 10 8:15 AM

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself Big A.

Can you let me know your span ( handle to handle, i.e. mid-palm,  not fingertips ) when you full stretch,  please?

There is a translation page http://babelfish.yahoo.com/  which I used to translate some Russian sites who's Urls were posted by Fatman some years ago dealing with Alexander Zass and his isometrics.  OK the translated English looked comical at times,  but it was better than nothing.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help