Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 30 09 12:05 AM

Tags : :

Hey guys,

Finally I ordered my Elastikon expander yesterday image

I finally decided to buy the 30-150 kg set and next month I'd like to order the 10-50 kg set so I can microload the resistances.

Oh man, I'm so frigin' excited I can't wait to put my hands on my expanders imageIt seems it won't reach me this week, but hopefully early next wek I'll have it.

Updates are coming soon...

Take care,
Gery

Last Edited By: BigBruvOfEngIandUK Jun 5 11 4:24 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 31 09 3:52 AM

Gery, this is great news. Perhaps you won't need the added microloading from the 10-50, but most likely you'll want more varience than just 30,60,90,120,150 kg.

We look forward to your review and hope that you've found a source for expanders that will be useful to all Europeans.

You told me the the total length of the expander is 37" so these would be wider than I want for my 5'8" height and rather short arms. However, I suspect this will be just right for you at 6'2".

.. neilkaz ..

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 1 09 12:58 AM

Hi Neilkaz,

Yeah you're right, it maybe too long for your arms, but I hope it won't be a problem to my arms. As to the microloading, I plan on doing Syd Devis' workouts in the beginning so as I progress and reach to 10 reps, I'll have the other 10-50 kg set by the time.

I'm gonna keep posting every information about how I workout as well as every detail about the expander. Man it's only 2 days!

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 5 09 5:40 PM

Hey guys,

So it's arrived image

It comes with 2 hard plastic handles and 5 strands and a pamphlet. The handles are pretty thin that provides additional grip work, strands are providing 30kg each. The pamphlet is doesn't worth further mention than telling it has a few very poorly, even dangerously performed exercises. The mounting of the strands is very easy yet very safe with a clip-on method.

So I did a quick workout taken Syd Devis' first month course routine. There were some exercises where I could use even 3 strands, but for most exercises worked with 2 strands only. But anyway I'll need the 10-50 kg set soon since adding 30 kg resistance in progress would be too much.

1. Overhead Downward Pull, knuckles inwards 6 @ 60 kg
2. Right and Left Arm Front Chest Pull, anyhow 5 @ 60 kg
3. Two Arms Back Press, at attention 5 @ 90 kg
4. One-Arm Curl 7 @ 60 kg
5. Prone Front Chest Pull with Sit-Up 6 @ 60 kg
6. Overhead Downward Pull, knuckles outwards 6 @ 60 kg
7. Two Arms Front Chest Pull, at attention 6 @ 60 kg
8. Right and Left Arm Military Press 10 @ 60 kg
9. Two Arms Back Press, anyhow 5 @ 90 kg
10. Prone Chest Pull with Leg Raise 6 @ 60 kg

Tomorrow I'm gonna post some close-up pics too. image

Also if anyone has a question just let me know.

Take care,
Gery

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 5 09 7:53 PM

hallo gery,

es ist schön das du deinen elastikon bekommen hast. ich habe sehr gute erfahrung gemacht. ich habe auch einige fotos auf meinem profil. da trainiere ich mit dem kränzle expander. mal eine frage: gibt es eine mailaddresse von einem verband der wettkämpfe im strand pulling ausrichtet?. ich finde da nichts.

viele grüße

andi

hallo gery,

it is nice that you've received your elastikon. I have made very good experience. I also have some photos on my profile. because I train with the Kränzle expander. times a question: is there a mail address from an association of competitions in beach pulling aligns?. I find nothing.

viele grüße

andi

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 5 09 8:55 PM

Thank you Andi! Indeed I'm very glad too and can't wait this evening to do my 2nd workout.

As to your question, I'm also looking for some kind of association. As far as I know there is one iron strand pulling association that Fred posted a link about. But I'm not sure if there is any other organization exists.

By the way is anyone know about some world record strand pulling feat?

Thanks,
Gery

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 6 09 3:39 PM

Hey Gery,

I had a copy of the Guinness Book of Records from 1992 that mentions world strandpulling records. It was included in the sports section. I guess strandpulling was subsequently dropped from the Guinness BoR, as I don't think it appears in more recent editions (just like strandpulling seems to have falen out of vogue - the last competition I found out about took place in 1993, I think).

I will try to find the book, then I can post the records so we all have something to look up to

As for associations, I haven't been able to find anything (Fred Crivello had a mailing address for ISSA on his site). My guess is that such organisations would be pretty obscure nowadays - I didn't manage to find a single website for a strandpulling organisation, with all the vast amount of info on the 'net - and most likely based in Germany or the UK, the two countries with the longest tradition in chest expander training.

Cheers,

FM

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 6 09 7:17 PM

Man it's pretty solid

I'll have to buy the 10-50kg if I want to follow progressive resistance...

Yeah seems a pretty typical tradition in Germany and in the UK... May Andi can enlighten us in more details

Take care,
Gery

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Feb 8 09 11:44 AM

This looks like a great product ! I hope you soon are able to get the 10-50 kg one for good microloading ! I look forward to watching you get lots stronger quickly, Gery !

Andi, I enjoyed those pictures in your gallery.

.. neilkaz ..

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Feb 9 09 4:22 PM

Hi Neikaz,

Yes it is a great product, and very good quality. You know what, yesterday I was working out doing a routine (see below) after Jack Reid. In that routine you have to do two sets of 10-15 reps on the exercises. Then I relaized that 60 kg is too much for this routine so I did the whole routine using 30kg with a few exceptions on back press and military press. I learnt that I need light weight first to perform the exercises with excellent form. Well, may it won't be that fast I get stronger and use more strands, but sooner or later the time will come when I'll be doing some strength feats. I want to see competitions again so I can train with more motivation that may sometime I can sign up for one. Today I've got bit of muscle soreness but all around I feel great. In the days between workout sessions I plan to do muscle control and hand balancing

Take care,
Gery

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Feb 12 09 9:05 PM

Hey guys,

I don't know about you but I found that 10 exercises in one workout session is just too much for me especially when it's done each for 3 sets.

I'm thinking of cutting down number of exercises and focus on main pulls on one day and then supplementary pulls the other day and so on...

Of course the reason I feel washed out too soon could lay behind the improper resistance levels I have right now... hopefully in 2 weeks I can buy the 10-50kg set :S

Gery

Last Edited By: Gery Feb 12 09 9:11 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Feb 14 09 2:08 AM

Gery, I see no reason why, at this time, you couldn't split the routine between two days.

How many days per week were you planning on doing the full routine ..ie how much rest in between days were planned ?

From my experience, you'll feel less washed out in a couple weeks once your more used to the exercises and hopefully by then you have the 10-50 kg and are then all set for microloading and strength gains.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Feb 17 09 5:33 PM

On Saturday I did this routine:

ODP 1 x 15 @ 60kg, 2 x 15 @ 30kg
Back press 3 x 10 @ 60kg
FCP 2 x 10 @ 30kg, 1 x 10 @ 60kg
Military 2 x 10 @ 60kg, 1 x 10 @ 30kg
Laterals 3 x 12 @ 30kg

Yesterday did this:

Archer pull 2 x 10 @ 30kg, 1 x 8 @ 30kg
Curls 2 x 12 @ 30kg, rev curls 1 x 10 @ 30kg
Neck press out 3 x 12 @ 60kg
Shoulder shimmy 2 x 10 @ 30kg, 1 x 8 @ 90kg
Prone FCP 2 x 10 @ 60kg, 1x 12 @ 30kg

I'm getting used to this kind of resistance and don't feel that sore as workouts go by.

Gery

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Feb 20 09 5:04 AM

Congrats Gery,

i know you would be satisfied with the Elastikons. I wish a lot of success with them.
Cool that you enjoy the training.
And you do nice workouts man.

Best Wishes

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Feb 20 09 5:56 PM

Thanks man, my endeavor is to set a pulling record later on image

Would be awesome to perform a BP or a Military with something like 200 kg.

2 weeks and I get my 10-50kg set and then I can get to work seriously and bulid up my strength to an incredible extent image

Be safe,
Gery

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Mar 10 09 3:54 PM

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know about my progress. Yesterday during my Isometrics workout I managed a new PR on Back Press at attention with 120 kg. image

It is pretty interesting to see I can gain strength as wel as size while only doing 2 workouts (one is purely isometrics with some lower body work) a week.

I have a progress chart about my physique stats and man my arms and chest went up pretty decent. Later I'll post my stats and maybe some pics too.

I forgot to add that my arms were over 18 inches during my last workout. Couldn't believe my eyes image Arms never been bigger than 16,7 inches and now it is 17,13 inches cold.

Take care,
Gery

Last Edited By: Gery Mar 10 09 4:17 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Mar 11 09 5:51 PM

As promised here are my current stats:

6' 2"
235 lbs

Neck 17,32
Chest (exp.) 45
Chest (contracted) 43,3
Shoulders 22,44
Upper arm right 17,12
Upper arm left 16,98
Forearm right 13,38
Forearm left 13,38
Wrist right 7,48
Wrist left 7,48
Hip 40,55
Thigh right 26,18
Thigh left 25,98
Calf right 16,53
Calf left 16,53

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Mar 16 09 12:11 AM

It's a pity that the strandpulling associations aren't more active, you deserve to be recognized for your work... and the record(s), once you set it (them). I would love to try my hand at a competition too. Maybe the Brits are still organising something?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help