Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 7 15 1:58 PM

Tags : :

I´m working on another workout routines with expanders/bodyweight.
This time full body. I would like to keep it simple:

First one:
- 8 excercises, 4 sets each. Ideally excercises, that target more than one muscle group.

Bodyweight squat raises (= calf raise motion at the end of each squat) = target all main leg muscle groups
Push ups = target chest, triceps, shoulders, core
Overhead downward pull = target lats, hands, shoulders
Back press = target chest, triceps, shoulders
Front chest pull = target shoulders, triceps, chest and middle back
Rows = target middle back, biceps
Reverse biceps curl = target biceps, forearms

I´m not sure about last excercise. There are lot of triceps and shoulder´s oriented excercises (because I choose from excercises, that are staple for expander workout - like back press, ODP, etc...), so Front press and Shoulder press are out of equestion I think (I know that vertical push is missing - thinking maybe Shoulder press should be better, than Back press if I have Push ups as horizontal push. Back press seems to me unnecessary it that template - but as I wrote - it´s a staple in expander workouts and as far as my knowledge goes, BP is considered as one of best expander excercises).
Last excercise - maybe some pull excercise to equalize push/pull motions. Archer´s pull is great excercise but as other excercises - targets triceps and shoulders mainly. But upper lats, neck and maybe traps too. Whis is great. So maybe that or Another sets of Overhead downward pull (palm out) - lats and posture are my weak links, that will be great to correct it. Or maybe standard Biceps curl.
Or Leg raises to add more ab activation.

Another one is simplest template I could create for missing pull up bar:
- 8 to 10 sets:

Bodyweight squat (for legs)
Push ups (for push - chest, triceps, shoulders, core)
Rows (for pull - back, biceps)

Would You change something within templates above (are that good full body routines at all?
Could You please reccomend any other good FULL BODY workout with expanders (other than from Fatman´s book, from Fred Crivello´s and Danks template, that was posted on this formum) - the more simple, the better.

Thank You.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 8 15 5:38 AM

My Routine atm: - Pushups - FCP - Dislocations (to stretch pecs and allow better positioning of the shoulders for OHDP and BP; this also works your biceps) - OHDP - BP - Squats - Neck-Bridges - Leg Raises (on the floor) It's only one high-rep set per exercise (up to 50 reps, Squats up to 250 reps), done to technical failure up to 6 times a week. If I know, that I cannot train for a longer period of time i will also practice rest-pause and go for 1,5 times the reps i got from the first set. The program does exactly what i want from it: it counterbalances my job at a desk.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 8 15 2:07 PM

Daniel: That squats for that number of repetitions seems interesting. Do You do them in a row or with pauses within the set (to catch a breath, etc.)?
Do You do any stretch or warm up for Your leg´s before that long set? It´s the first excercise You do in the workout or You do excercises in order as You wrote them?
Neck-bridges are great, there are unfortunately out of question for me, at least without hands support (neck spine problems).

Today, I did my first written workout:
- 8 excercises, 4 sets each. Ideally excercises, that target more than one muscle group.

Bodyweight squat raises (= calf raise motion at the end of each squat) = target all main leg muscle groups
Push ups = target chest, triceps, shoulders, core
Overhead downward pull = target lats, hands, shoulders
Back press = target chest, triceps, shoulders
Front chest pull = target shoulders, triceps, chest and middle back
Rows = target middle back, biceps
Reverse biceps curl = target biceps, forearms
+ last excercice which I wasn´t sure to do

My observation - workout is really good for my goals (correcting posture, muscle building). Last excercise was Overhead downward pull (palms out). My back feel is really great (back pain, which I have at morning after I woke up gone away).
Also I add 2 supplement excercises - 3 sets each: Leg raises and Biceps curl.
I´m however not sure about Back press (my shoulders were sore already after push ups - but I did yesterday workout that was pushing-oriented). Maybe I will sometimes change BP in this template for another excercise. And I will surely change supplement excercises according to feeling which muscle group in not worked that much.

After that, I did neck stretches and Back bridge, that I will do after that workout too.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help