Remove this ad

#82 [url]

Oct 16 12 2:07 PM

justcalvin wrote:
Between 95-98 I did them every freaking day. First set was around 40 reps. I got so bored with it I'd adbandoned it for almost 10 years. I can do those w/o warm up, just few stretches for 20 seconds. Also have done it with 50 lbs between my shoulders for 20 reps as well as 1 arm for same reps. That's old glory, now I probably can do with 35 lbs for 10 reps any time, Get me a cute girl to watch me on, I'd kill myself for 30 plus reps, hahaha. BTW, dinner did stay down. Right now my reps are lower because my hands would get tired before my body does

Very good looking PU's too.   Damn strong.       I waited until after dinner and tried some too.  Funny,  my body never left the carpet,  but I held onto my dinner. 
Requires more work Smile 

Quote    Reply   

#83 [url]

Oct 16 12 2:43 PM

justcalvin wrote:
I agree with Paul. If you can do some gymnastic movements then it's better than regular plank (on elbows or hands). Personally it's boring for me to hold it for more 30". I rather load it up to make it more challenging by add weight to body. You can place your feet on a mechanic creepers or some kind of wheels to lessen the support of the feet and increase to ab work intensity. It took me 1 full month to be able to hold full front lever 1 second. Then I'd progressed to the point of holding it for 23 second 6 month later (my best). Spider push up, dragon flag, front/back lever all give you superior plank strength result

This is me doing Spider PU (few min after Thanksgiving dinner, just a demo for my nephew who's filming it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_6WqFajqlI 
great feat and nice tips from youWink

Quote    Reply   

#84 [url]

Oct 16 12 7:12 PM

That is one of the best performances of those spider push ups I have seen and I don't say that lightly. I witnessed Jack Lalanne perform some at the Oscar Heidenstam awards in 1998 when he was 84.
So the reason some of you may be struggling with these is you are a bit too young yet.

Quote    Reply   

#85 [url]

Oct 17 12 5:57 AM

gripper wrote:
That is one of the best performances of those spider push ups I have seen and I don't say that lightly. I witnessed Jack Lalanne perform some at the Oscar Heidenstam awards in 1998 when he was 84.
So the reason some of you may be struggling with these is you are a bit too young yet.

I've only got another 20 years to go then........

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help